Friday, October 11, 2013

Life of a Greek House Director



By serving as a Greek House Director (GHD) I have been able to help college students find themselves and discover the possibilities that lie within them, their campus, and their community. This is what I would love to continue to do as a professional. Students have many obstacles in life that push them to their full potential while inspiring others to do the same. I firmly believe with this mindset, students can then challenge themselves to tackle anything. This is my key motivation as a mentor and sister and I know that every student has a spark that is waiting to be lit.  This mind set encompasses my values and helps me to grow as a professional. I am the type of person who is not afraid to stand alone when facing adversity. I do not endeavor to be the leader in every situation, but I want to role model leadership through the quality of my actions and the integrity of my intent. I am grateful and honored to service as a GHD.

 I personally know that Alpha Xi Delta is not just a gift of sisterhood for four years, but a lifetime of self-belief and achievement. I am the GHD for Alpha Xi Delta, the same sorority with which I am affiliated. A “lifetime commitment” to me is such a wonderful opportunity not only for myself, but for other organization members in this nation.  I would love to see the women of Alpha Xi Delta reach their full potential and I would strive to help this chapter and community reach new levels of success. I would like to help other women create their own elevating experience being a part of a sorority. I support our fraternity’s ideals and try to encompass our ritual in everyday life. 

As a GHD I have had so many wonderful experiences being a part of the Greek community from Greek 101 to FutureQuest. When looking back there have been so many inspirational experiences, I feel as though I have realized my potential. It is the rare and unexpected moments in life that give me the most opportunity for growth and allow me to make an impact in others’ lives. I build relationships that will truly last a lifetime; I know I will always hold them close to my heart. By collaborating and embracing these different opportunities in my graduate career I have been able to have a positive impact on the people around me. Alpha Xi Delta has helped me to transition to graduate school, gain leadership skills, become involved in my community, and form lifelong bonds with other Greek House Directors.

-Joelle Fundaro

0 comments:

Post a Comment